The TIP SA office will be closed from 25 Dec 2014 to 02 Feb 2015.
During this time, important issues related to TIP should be directed to the TIP Chair, John Cadd
0418 842 228
Wednesday, 24 December 2014
DVA has developed an Introductory Information Pack to help Ex-Service Organisations provide information to people who may be interested in volunteering to provide pensions and welfare services .
The Information Pack can be downloaded and printed locally so that it can be made readily available to people who may visit the ESO’s premises or for use in other promotional activities.
You can download these packages here
Monday, 15 December 2014
Tuesday, 9 December 2014
All DVA offices, including all Veterans’ Access Network (VAN) and Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (VVCS) offices will close at close of business on Wednesday, 24 December 2014 and will reopen on Friday, 2 January 2015.
While the offices may be closed, veterans and their families can continue to access many of the key DVA services by:
- phoning VVCS on 1800 011 046 for 24-hour counselling support;
- visiting DVA’s At Ease mental health portal; and
- logging in to MyAccount through the DVA website to manage transport bookings and other services.
Other services that will be available include:
- transport – if transport is not booked prior to the Christmas period, veterans will need to pay up front and seek reimbursement from DVA later. Alternatively transport can also be booked and modified, and travel expenses can be lodged online through MyAccount-DVA’s online services portal. Veterans who are not registered for MyAccount can arrange this prior to the Christmas-New Year period by phoning DVA on 133 254 or visiting MyAccount
- hospital admissions – doctors can admit DVA patients into hospital and request admissions approval, where required, when DVA re-opens.
- urgent medical and/or allied health treatment – should proceed as normal, providers can seek retrospective financial approval when DVA re-opens.
- Defence Service Homes Insurance – help with policy and claim enquiries is available 24-hours a day on 1300 552 662.
It is also important to note that the last pension payday of the calendar year has been brought forward to Monday, 22 December 2014 to allow payments to be received prior to the Christmas Day public holiday. All other pension pay dates will remain the same.